Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hillary, Hillary, Hillary

I must admit that when I stopped blogging well over a year ago I did so out of a need to stop writing about Politics. I do not intend to completely stay away from the political fray but to instead include other things in my writing.

With that said, I will admit that I voted for Obama in the Georgia Primary. A state where Clinton finished third, in a five person race behind Obama and Huckabee. After I cast my vote I felt pretty good about either candidate being our next president and felt great that I was watching history in the making.

But lately there is a list that is entirely too long of statements that have left a bad taste in my mouth and make it hard for me to be excited about her running in this race.

1. She says her husband wrapped up the Democratic nomination in June 1992...and that it is not unusual for a candidate to go all the way to the June Primary using her husband Bill as an example. Wrong

2. The strange connection she made to RFK's assasination and her candidacy.

3. Let us not forget the 1996 trip to Bosnia where she claimed she was under fire and this somehow makes her battle tested and ready for the presidency...but if you are going to 'Misspoke' as she has stated, make sure you don't have a comedian on the tour with you are a songwriter because they will make sure you never live it down.

, ,


No comments: